AGNEE is known for its deeply-rooted Indian sound, hummable tunes and live wire performances, and has released a series of super hits including Sadho Re, Kabira, the Splitsvilla Theme Song and the Roadies Theme Song.
AGNEE consists of Koco, lead guitarist, well known and respected musician in the rock music industry for over two decades, and Mohan, lead vocalist with strong Carnatic and Hindustani classical influences. They’re backed up by a bunch of talented young musicians.
- 2013: MTV Video Music Award for best Regional Song for Sadaa-Shala
- 2012: 3 nominations at GIMA Awards for best Pop Rock single
- 2012: Release of Reveal Yourself, a unique interactive brand campaign for Bl’ue, the only Indian entry shortlisted for the prestigious Spikes Asia Award in the branded category
- 2012: Release of films with Agnee as music directors: Marathi language film Shala (winner of multiple Indian and international awards), Hindi film Aalaap, Punjabi film Sarsa
- 2012: Release of Hello Andheron, the theme song for Hollywood film The Avengers in India
- 2011: Winner of GIMA Award for best Pop Rock Single for Aahatein, the MTV Splitsvilla theme song
- 2009 onwards: Over 10 million views on youtube for various songs
- 2009 onwards: First major act in the country to release FREE music online, with the MTV Splitsvilla theme song, creating a record for maximum ringtone downloads in India in the non-film category
- Huge hits including Sadho Re, Kabira, Shaam Tanha and the MTV Roadies theme song. First band in India to release a fully animated video (animation by Cannes award winning Hungarian animator Eric Novak) for the song Ujale Baaz
- May 2007: Album release on SONY BMG, release of first film as music directors (Dil, Dosti etc)